Monday, November 19, 2007

Volunteering II

I'm back at the Northwest Film Forum volunteering again. Today I didn't have to do any manual labor. I spent most of my time searching the web for the aspect ratio of the movies that will be showing here in the next 3 months.

I also answered a lot more phone calls today. The answering isn't the tricky part -- its knowing what to do once you've answered that gets me. Once I remember everyone's name it will be a lot easier. In the meantime I just shout out whoever the phone is for and hope they say something.

I also tried (for the first time) to transfer a call to someone's voice mail. I failed. You wouldn't think it would be hard. I followed the instructions they gave me and it didn't work. It's a good thing I went to school for 5 years to get an engineering degree. I guess I should have taken the "Phone Systems" class. Signals and Systems is not helping me here at all. (I'm joking here but you never know--there could be a phone systems class at a community college.)

No comments: