Monday, November 12, 2007

volunteering



Today I volunteered at the Northwest Film Forum for the first time. I'm hoping that I can make connections there that will help me in my future as a filmmaker in Seattle. Also it seems like they do a lot for filmmakers as an organization.

There are some immediate benefits also. I get a free membership and discounts on training courses and movies. Tomorrow I am going to take a course there that will teach me how to use their film to digital transfer equipment. It's a frame by frame transfer process. I'm pretty excited about that because I want to better transfers for my film in my super 8 projects.

So today I was emptying garbages and sweeping out theaters. It was pretty interesting to be back in that position. It's been a while since I have had to do any manual labor.

Fortunately there are other things you can do to help out there besides cleaning. I am hoping to help them out with their website in the near future.

The end.

No comments: